Twitter is testing a brand new function, referred to as CoTweets, that lets any two customers collaborate and develop their attain past their very own followers.
It’s a restricted check, obtainable to pick accounts within the U.S., Canada and Korea.
Why we care. Advertising is all about getting in entrance of your goal audiences. If CoTweets roll out to extra accounts, count on to see many manufacturers and companies experimenting with it in an try to achieve extra engagement, visibility/model consciousness and new followers.
What’s a CoTweet. A CoTweet is a tweet that has two authors’ profile footage and person names. A CoTweet seems on each customers’ profiles and is proven to all of their followers.
Solely the primary tweet in a thread could be a CoTweet. A CoTweet can embody:
The way it works. Right here’s what Twitter has revealed about the way it works:
- One writer creates the tweet by choosing the CoTweet icon, then invitations a co-author, who receives it through direct message (DM).
- A co-author should observe you and have a public account.
- If the co-author accepts the invitation, the CoTweet is printed to every account’s profile and within the timelines of their followers.
- You’ll be able to’t edit a CoTweet as soon as the invitation is distributed. It’s important to delete the tweet and begin over.
- If the co-author declines the invitation, the CoTweet invitation can be deleted.
- There is no such thing as a restrict on what number of CoTweet invitations you may ship.
- You’ll be able to block any accounts from sending you a CoTweet request.
When you writer a CoTweet however not need to be related to it for some purpose, your solely possibility is to delete the tweet.
If you’re the co-author of a CoTweet and need to take away your self, you would choose the three dots on the CoTweet, then Revoke CoTweet.
You’ll be able to learn extra in Twitter’s Assist Heart.
All CoTweets might go away. Twitter warned that “On the finish of this experiment, we might flip off this function and any CoTweets that have been created could also be eliminated.”
So, assuming Twitter considers this experiment a failure, any content material that individuals within the check group might merely be deleted.
This warning appears odd, given their argument that an edit button would “alter the document of the general public dialog.” Wouldn’t Twitter deleting CoTweets alter that document as effectively?
New on Search Engine Land