As VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.4 is out now, let’s discuss what options of the product are metered by vCloud Utilization Meter.
Utilization Meter 18.104.22.168 detects digital machines configured for cover or migration with VMware Cloud Director Availability, the place the supply or vacation spot is a replication-enabled VMware Cloud Director.
Be aware: The present model of Utilization Meter 22.214.171.124 doesn’t meter the most recent kind of migration and safety that Cloud Director Availability 4.4 launched – vCenter on-prem/Cloud to vCenter Cloud. Although its metering shall be addressed in a future Utilization Meter launch.
The Cloud Director Availability is offered for consumption on-prem on a subscription foundation and cloud suppliers can make the most of it at no further price as a part of the VCPP Flex Pricing mannequin.
How is VMware Cloud Director Availability Utilization Metered?
VMware Cloud Director Availability Administration Equipment occasion should be registered with Utilization Meter by offering the equipment IP handle or hostname and root credentials.
The Utilization Meter equipment should set up a connection to the Cloud Director Availability occasion to start out amassing utilization knowledge associated to it. Utilization Meter makes use of port 443 for HTTPS communication with Cloud Director Availability.
How is VMware Cloud Director Availability Utilization Reported?
Utilization Meter 126.96.36.199 collects the quantity of all migrations and protections (collectively referred to as replications) which have occurred in the course of the reporting month. The information assortment is carried out each hour and despatched to vCloud Utilization Perception for aggregation.
Migrations and protections for each powered-on and powered-off VMs are counted. After the tip of the reporting cycle, the Utilization Perception Month-to-month Utilization Report reveals the variety of all distinctive migrated and guarded VMs.
The distinctive variety of protected or migrated VMs is reported towards the kind of migration or safety, which is likely one of the following:
- Cloud-to-Cloud – On this situation, the registered VMware Cloud Director Availability is the vacation spot of the migration or safety.
- vCenter-to-Cloud – The registered VMware Cloud Director Availability is the vacation spot of one of these migration or safety.
- Cloud-to-vCenter – The VMware Cloud Director Availability registed with Utilization Meter is the supply of the migration or safety.
How is the Cloud Director Availability Utilization Represented within the Utilization Perception Reviews?
The collected knowledge about VMs which were configured for migration and safety with Cloud Director Availability is shipped to Utilization Perception, which in flip aggregates the uncooked knowledge and updates its experiences each 24 hours.
The report that suppliers can use to realize data on their Cloud Director Availability Utilization is the Utilization Perception Month-to-month Utilization Report accessible on Cloud Companion Navigator.
It supplies an outline of what Cloud Director Availability migration or safety has been used and the variety of distinctive VMs underneath migration or safety. Right here is an instance of the report:
Necessary Notes on Cloud Director Availability Utilization Reporting
- If the metering fails on account of VMware Cloud Director Availability not being accessible or Utilization Meter not functioning, Utilization Meter will report the final recognized “Protected VMs” rely. This may result in some replications not being reported within the complete variety of distinctive replications for the month.
- If there is no such thing as a profitable assortment in the course of the month, VMware Cloud Director Availability utilization won’t be reported.