Is Zenhub the perfect undertaking administration platform to your software program improvement staff? Hold studying to seek out out, as we are going to focus on its options, pricing, and professionals and cons that can assist you make the best PM software program determination to your wants.
What Is Zenhub?
Zenhub is a undertaking administration answer for software program improvement groups that use GitHub. By its big selection of options that assist builders focus and speed up their work pace, Zenhub claims it has been capable of enhance staff productiveness by 75 p.c. Listed here are some stats taken from the software program’s dwelling web page that show simply how highly effective this undertaking administration answer will be:
- 93 p.c of Zenhub customers say the software program helps their staff prioritize duties to allow them to concentrate on what must be completed.
- 92 p.c say Zenhub reduces the time must replace undertaking progress, giving them extra time to code.
- 97 p.c of Zenhub customers say the PM software program assures them that undertaking progress is correct and up-to-date.
- By utilizing Zenhub, customers declare they’ve an additional 2.5 hours per week to work on important duties like coding.
- As soon as Zenhub was put in, many devs stated they dramatically decreased their time spent exterior of GitHub.
Zenhub was launched in 2014 by a software program improvement staff that sought to do the next:
- Keep productive and targeted.
- Hold a undertaking’s standing up-to-date.
- Make vital enterprise choices based mostly on well timed and correct information.
As an alternative of taking software program groups out of GitHub, Zenhub introduced undertaking administration to it so they may take pleasure in the perfect of each worlds. By injecting the Zenhub UI into GitHub through a browser extension, Zenhub’s creators discovered that groups could possibly be far more productive whereas decreasing context switching and rising undertaking standing accuracy. Context switching has the potential to be one of many largest threats to developer productiveness. Every time one thing like a third-party undertaking administration device drags a developer away from their code, that distraction will be expensive. With Zenhub, undertaking administration and code come collectively, making context switching practically nonexistent.
As soon as undertaking administration was introduced nearer to the code, Zenhub added further bells and whistles to spice up dev staff productiveness much more, comparable to custom-made workspaces, organizational constructions like Epics, sturdy reporting, Kanban boards, and extra.
You may study extra concerning the function of Kanban boards in our tutorial: Kanban for Venture Managers and Builders.
Who Ought to Use Zenhub?
As talked about, Zenhub was created for groups that use GitHub. Extra particularly, it was created for groups each massive and small that use the Agile methodology. Whether or not a software program developer, undertaking supervisor, product proprietor, information scientist, and many others., Zenhub has many options that may allow you to collaborate with different staff members to rapidly launch high-quality merchandise.
What Zenhub’s Options?
How can Zenhub enhance your staff’s productiveness and provides them extra time to code? By placing the next options at your fingertips.
If you’d like full transparency throughout improvement, Zenhub’s Kanban boards offers you simply that. Use them to trace initiatives, prioritize duties, connect pull requests to corresponding points, filter by labels, and many others. And for enhanced planning and monitoring, group numerous points right into a single epic. With drag-and-drop performance, utilizing these boards is a breeze, as is getting real-time insights into the place your staff could also be struggling.
Considered one of Zenhub’s largest professionals is the pliability it gives via its custom-made workspaces. Groups can design their distinctive workflows with out interrupting others.
Due to Zenhub sprints, you’ll be able to automate your staff’s dash planning course of to lower the time spent in conferences. This set it and overlook it function permits you to create a schedule the place your subsequent three sprints will all the time be deliberate mechanically. If there are any incomplete points, they are going to be noticed mechanically and moved to the subsequent dash. With burndown and velocity charts, you’ll be able to observe particular person and a number of sprints. And if you would like your sprints to develop into extra predictable, you should use Zenhub’s Planning Poker function.
Zenhub’s main integration is with GitHub. Use the Zenhub Chrome or Firefox extension, and you will note its tab on the high of the GitHub UI between Pull Requests and Initiatives. Use the devoted net app, and you may get your whole important GitHub information pulled into Zenhub’s interface. In brief, Zenhub transforms GitHub right into a potent platform for Agile undertaking administration.
Zenhub additionally integrates with Slack to spice up staff collaboration. In case your staff integrates Zenhub with Slack, everybody can keep up to date on vital GitHub happenings in real-time on any system.
A method Zenhub offers devs extra time to code is thru its workflow automation function. You may automate on a regular basis duties to remain targeted on what’s vital. As soon as GitHub points are up to date and accomplished, this function will mechanically sync your undertaking. As an alternative of doing it manually, let Zenhub take away standing check-ins, tedious duties, bottlenecks, and many others. Automate hand-offs, and you may keep away from timing bottlenecks and delays. Automate as a lot as doable through Zenhub, and you can too get rid of extreme conferences that take time away from coding.
Zenhub’s Workflow Automation mechanically syncs your undertaking as GitHub points are up to date and accomplished. Take away bottlenecks, tedious duties, and extreme standing check-ins.
By combining GitHub with Zenhub, dev groups can get highly-accurate insights into what’s going on of their workflows. There isn’t a have to depend on third-party instruments to see the place a undertaking stands, as Zenhub will do it for you utilizing stay GitHub information. Use Zenhub’s sturdy reporting options, and you may pinpoint workflow bottlenecks that may typically disguise in plain sight. Zenhub affords Kanban reporting, cumulative stream diagrams, launch experiences, management level charts, burndown charts, velocity monitoring, and extra.
How A lot Does Zenhub Value?
Concerning pricing, Zenhub retains it relatively easy. You’ve gotten three choices to select from, with the primary being the Free plan that’s geared towards people or educational or open-source groups which are getting their ft moist. The Free plan affords full entry to all of Zenhub’s options and capabilities, which is good news if you wish to use the software program and have a minimal price range.
The Development plan prices $10 per consumer monthly and is good for groups in search of superior collaboration options and assist. Just like the Free plan, Development offers you entry to all of Zenhub’s options and functionalities. However, since you might be paying extra, you get the bonus of limitless personal repositories.
The ultimate Zenhub pricing plan is the Enterprise. You will want to contact Zenhub’s gross sales staff to find its value. It affords every thing the Development plan has, plus the choice to host it on-premise or within the cloud. You additionally get precedence assist through a devoted buyer success supervisor.
Zenhub Execs And Cons
Is Zenhub the right undertaking administration software program? No, however you can be hard-pressed to seek out such a flawless answer wherever. Fortunately, Zenhub’s professionals outweigh the cons.
Zenhub affords the next professionals to software program improvement groups:
- Flexibility – No two groups work the identical, and Zenhub saved this in thoughts when creating its software program that provides custom-made workspaces. Groups can create particular person boards that symbolize their distinctive workflow with out feeling restricted to one thing that doesn’t match their wants, types, or duties. Past customizable workspaces, Zenhub affords added flexibility via its net app and browser extension, supplying you with two handy methods to make use of the software program. And you can too deploy the software program on-premise or within the cloud.
- Save time – By considerably decreasing context switching and fusing undertaking administration with GitHub, your dev staff can save a ton of time and make investments extra effort and focus into coding versus pointless duties.
- A totally-loaded Free plan – Groups with restricted budgets or people trying to get their ft moist with out funding can achieve this with Zenhub’s Free plan that provides the entire software program’s options and functionalities.
- Works seamlessly with GitHub – Some devs declare that Zenhub flows so nicely with GitHub that they overlook the 2 are completely different merchandise.
Beneath you’ll find a few of Zenhub’s cons:
- Sluggishness – Relying on the scale of your boards, you might generally expertise some sluggish efficiency.
- Assist could possibly be missing – Until you have got an Enterprise plan, you might really feel pissed off by the sluggish assist from the Zenhub staff.